Frequently Asked Questions
Click on the headings below to find out more information...
1. I am an Ontario highschool student applying to McMaster. What do I need in order to get into first year Political Science?
If you are applying to McMaster as an Ontario high school student and you are interested in Political Science, you will require the following academic requirements:
- 6 Grade 12 U/M courses including, English 4U
The anticipated cut-off required by Ontario High School applicants for admission to Social Sciences I, September 2008, is 75-77%.
2. What types of courses are offered within the Department of Political Science?
The Political Science program at McMaster covers all aspects of political science with particular emphasis on:
- Canadian Politics
- Comparative Politics
- International Relations
- Political Theory
3. What courses are available in my first year of studies?
As a full time student, you will be responsible for registering for 30 units of course work within your first year of studies (please refer the Undergraduate Calendar for the specific year 1 requirements). Our first year introductory course Political Science 1G06, Politics and Government will be a required 6 unit course that you must register for.
4. What are possible career paths available to a graduate of the Political Science Program?
Graduates with an undergraduate degree in Political Science pursue career opportunities in:
- Or pursue further studies at the Graduate Level