The online application system for 2013-14 is now CLOSED.
The online application system for 2014-15 will OPEN November 1, 2013.
Admission to the MA degree program requires an average of B+ or better, in an undergraduate Honours degree or equivalent, in a related field.
To apply, begin by creating an online application.
All applicants will submit to the Department's Graduate Admissions Committee:
- All academic transcripts sent directly from the issuing institution (must be in an officially sealed envelope). This includes transcripts from institutions where you completed courses on Letter of Permission and/or as part of student exchange programs.
- Two confidential letters of recommendation from instructors most familiar with your academic work. All referees are required to complete the Electronic Reference (e-Reference) form, which can be accessed through your online application.
- ELECTRONIC Statement of Interest (2 pages maximum. Must be sent BY E-MAIL to Kristine Espiritu, Administrative Assistant, email@example.com). Your Statement of Interest should clearly communicate:
- Your reasons for pursuing the MA program in Health & Aging
- Your specific research interests and focus. The relevance of your specific research to health and/or aging studies
- The approach/methods used to tackle your research problem
- Your academic preparedness to undertake and complete your research, and predicted training outcomes
- ELECTRONIC Sample of Writing. Must be sent BY E-MAIL to Kristine Espiritu, Administrative Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If English is not your native language, an official copy of your TOEFL score or other evidence of competency in English
- ELECTRONIC resumé/CV. Must be sent BY E-MAIL to Kristine Espiritu, Administrative Assistant, email@example.com.
Please send all supporting documents to:
Department of Health, Aging & Society
Kenneth Taylor Hall 226
1280 Main Street West
Hamilton, ON L8S 4M4
For more information on the application process, please visit the School of Graduate Studies web site.